Hours: Chamber office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There may additional opportunities to assist with special weekend and evening events.
Hands-on experience with writing press releases, electronic news magazine & blast, photography, social media, & graphic arts.
Credit/Compensation: College credit toward major, minor or general elective may be available through your local community college or university. These are unpaid positions.
Duties may include:
- Creating social media posts with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more.
- Designing and executing major communication pieces
- Creating promotional items for events; flyers, posters, etc. using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Assisting the Marketing Department with writing and designing articles for the monthly Newsletter.
- Writing articles and press releases for the local newspapers and magazines.
- Participate in think tanks for new collateral supporting the Chamber’s brand
- Providing support at Chamber events
- Travel may be required
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Declared major in Media Communications, Marketing, Graphic Arts, Advertising or Journalism are preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and design programs like Canva
- Familiar with all aspects of social media
- Strong research, writing and organizational skills
- Able to multitask and work independently
You may send your resume to Kim@queencreekchamber.com