Title Director of Community Relations & Marketing
Posting ID 6058
Description Position Goal
The Director of Community Relations is a specialized community position involving comprehensive internal and external communications for the district. The Director participates in the decision-making process by advising the Superintendent regarding the public relations implications or major decisions under consideration by the managements. This Director provides leadership in bringing agencies and organizations together for joint planning and program operations to encourage the maximum use of schools for educational, cultural, recreational, and social activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
1. Supports the J.O. Combs Unified School District Vision, Mission, and Priorities
2. Serves as the Information Liaison between the District and the community at large
3. Sets annual objectives for and evaluates the District’s Community Relations program including budget planning to meet these objectives
4. Acts as the J. O. Combs Unified School District’s representative to all media outlets
5. Serves as the liaison person between the District and news media, including the supervision of news releases, and news conferences when necessary
6. Supervises the writing, publishing, and distribution of the District’s correspondence
7. Supervises, Plans, and executes a comprehensive Marketing Plan that showcases the District as a District of Choice
8. Assists with web content and design
9. Cultivates Community Relations and Educational Partnerships, as well as, supervises ancillary Community Education Programming
10. Keeps informed of developments in the fields of Marketing/Communications/Public Relations, and the specific business of the J. O. Combs Unified School District with information to help the District to operate with initiative and innovation
11. Meet regularly with the Superintendent
12. Attend all Governing Board meetings
13. Perform other tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of the position and other duties as assigned pursuant to authority under law and regulations of the State Board of Education
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor’s degree in related field (English, Journalism, Communications, Broadcasting, Advertisement or Communication Arts)
Must possess and maintain valid DPS IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
Minimum of 3 years of experience with Community Relations, as well as, overseeing the design, layout, and production of print materials
Must be knowledgeable regarding the various information media
Social Media experience is preferred
Experience using video content for Marketing purposes
Ability to analyze organizational needs and data to assist in the development and implementation of sound Community Education Programs, Community Partnerships, and Projects
Involvement with the Combs Education Foundation
Possesses strong communication skills, both oral and written
Experience in event coordinating and planning
Knowledge of district policies and procedures
Ability to develop and maintain a good rapport with parents, staff and community
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk
or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to reach with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to dust and windy conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Administrative Salary Schedule
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 12 Months Hours: Full-time Position 8 Hours per Day
Reports to: Superintendent FLSA Status: Exempt
Notice of Non-Discrimination
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX , Athletic Director, 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Student Services, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 no discrimina en base a la raza, el color, la religión, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad, la edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las polízas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Director Atlético 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Servicios Estudiantiles, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
Shift Type Full-Time
Salary Range $84,500.00 / Per Year
Location District Office
Start Date 08/31/2021