Employee Benefits Exchange is growing, and we are seeking an individual that can provide administrative support to the EBX operations team. The role requires a strong interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills and the ability to be successful and organized in a dynamic, fast paced environment. The ideal candidate for this position is an individual that is highly motivated and interested in gaining experience in the insurance benefits industry. This is a great opportunity for professional development in the insurance industry.
The position is responsible for the day-to-day administrative services for all clients, duties include but are not limited to
- Fielding phone calls from clients, their employees and carrier contacts. Once fully trained this person should be able to answer general inquiries from callers
- Completing eligibility changes with multiple health insurance carriers (Ex. enrollments, terminations and/or qualifying event changes)
- Communication with clients on eligibility changes once complete
- Simple billing audits completed throughout the year to ensure client invoices are accurately reflecting any ongoing eligibility changes and premiums updates
- Assisting the Benefit Specialists with any special projects as needed.
- Maintain office supplies and fulfill orders as needed (Ex. Ink cartridges, printer paper, Notepads etc.)
Benefits experience is not required
- Two years of experience in clerical, or administrative office work is required
- High efficiency in Microsoft office – More specifically Excel as it is used in this position everyday
- Comfortable taking telephone calls and mitigating possible stressful situations
- Excellent organizational skills, customer service skills, and verbal communications skills
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Position Schedule: 32 hours a week. Monday-Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m. and Friday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
Work Location: One location