Mediacom is partnering with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the Emergency Broadband Benefit program (EBB Program). The Emergency Broadband Benefit program enrollment will open on May 12, 2021. As one of the partnering providers, eligible Mediacom customers can receive a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for qualifying households on qualifying Tribal lands.
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the criteria
• Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in
certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid or the FCC’s Lifeline program.
• Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the
school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the
2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year.
• Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
• Experienced a substantial loss of income through job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020
and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and
$198,000 for joint filers; or
•Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19
Learn more by visiting www.mediacomcable.com/ebb
For Mediacom customers, the applications process will be:
- Apply for the program by visiting https://getemergencybroadband.org/
- Contact Mediacom directly by calling us at 855-330-6918