Summer, Fall, and Spring Internship opportunities are available.
Hours: Chamber office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There may additional opportunities to assist with special weekend and evening events.
Credit/Compensation: College credit toward major, minor or general elective may be available through your local community college or university. These are unpaid positions.
Responsibilities may include:
• Providing advocacy department support and assistance with advocacy events as needed, including the Chamber’s Public Policy Seminar Series
• Providing research and comparison information regarding local, state and federal legislation
• Providing data to the Chamber about current important business issues and the policy positions about which as maintained by state and US chambers of commerce
• Participating in public policy and government affairs activities and meetings whenever possible to see the process in action. This role will involve substantial interaction with Chamber volunteers and key local, state and federal elected officials.
College students currently enrolled in an Arizona university or college undergraduate program at the junior or senior level, or a graduate program.
Desired Skills And Qualifications Include
• Declared major in Political Science, Government Relations preferred
• Familiarity and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle research assignments, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently
You may submit your resume to Kim@queencreekchamber.com